Monday, April 29, 2013

Born Again!


 Malachi is now a child of God,
he was baptized April 12th by Fr. John Henderson. 
Many family & friends joined us; thanks for being apart of this special day!

Just a little heads up, it may look like Malachi is wearing a dress, however this was the baptism gown that has been used in my family through many generations. My sisters and I wore it, along with cousins AND my dad and his siblings. It was pretty cool that the gown is still usable. 
 
Malachi is so chill! I've always wondered if I'd have a child that would cry when he or she was baptized but not Malachi! And we even had him immersed!
Andrew's brother and wife are Malachi's godparents.
Blessing for the Father
Blessing for the Mother

 




Godparents

The whole Schaal clan (except for Marcel and Bwe's fiance)

Everyone in attendance.
Auntie Robin

Easter Candle
So Andrew wanted to make a fondant Jesus...with help from Bwe and his friend John they did an amazing job....it turned out MUCH better than I was expecting! I should have known it would turn out great, sorry for being such a negative nancy!


Thanks to Nichlas and my Dad for taking pictures at the baptism.

"Baptism not only purifies from all sins, but it also makes a 'new creature', an adopted son of God, who has become a 'partaker of the divine nature,' member of Christ and co-heir with him, and a temple of the Holy Spirit."  
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1265


3 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful woman and always have been, but even compared to pics of your wedding, the third picture down on these is the most beautiful I have ever seen you look. Motherhood looks great on you! Congratulations to Malachi and his mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, congratulations to all of you! Everyone is so happy and the Schaal clan certainly is growing!

    ReplyDelete