Friday, June 26, 2015

Fathers Day 2015

This past weekend was our first full weekend home after our trip to Oregon. I was SO looking forward to spending all weekend with Andrew and doing little projects around the house. So excited that I became REALLY annoyed when he came home from work Thursday night with a fever and sore throat. Oh and I should mention that both kids had had a fever and diarrhea throughout the week....what fun for my birthday week right? But God had a blessed weekend planned for me even though I was being a negative nancy and thought for sure I was going to get sick next.
Andrew felt tons better Friday night and it just so happened that we all were healthy for the weekend, Praise the Lord (literally, I really was saying prayers of thanksgiving).
 
Saturday morning we spent over 2 hours in Lowes getting supplies for picnic tables, insect tents, dreaming about getting a nice patio umbrella, a small wire fence for the backyard and other odds and ends.
Within 5 hours of getting back to the house Andrew had a kids picnic table and an adult table made and on our patio. I couldn't believe he got it all done, and only by watching a youtube video, great job Handsome!
Sunday, Fathers Day, we went to mass, stopped by Costco (it seems we can only find pants that fit Andrew at Costco and for what seems to be really cheap!), picked up some hanging flower baskets at a local florist then came home to mow the lawn and enjoy our backyard together.
It was absolutely wonderful!

Hard at work, I forgot to mention we cleaned the garage too. Plenty of work space now!

The kids table


 

View of the back yard from sitting in the shade.
 

I've been wanting to do our own "family photoshoot" like we did impromptu two years ago on father's day. Funny how both times the kids were only in
 diapers. =) (I can't find the other set of pics to compare...sorry).

 
 


Not all the pics were as cute as the ones above


Andrew opening his "Thank you, God, for Daddy" kids book and "Home to a Soldier" sign

Happy Fathers day Andrew, Dad and Dada!

This last visit to OR was Malachi's first time calling my parents Grammy and Grandpa...although at times it sounded like he was saying Meatball instead of Grandpa.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment