Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!

We have a new Pope, Pope Francis, from Argentina! Thanks to EWTN Malachi and I were able to watch the whole thing. This morning I wanted to go to mass but thought it'd be a hassle when at 7:30am Malachi hadn't woken up yet to eat...and I was afraid as soon as I moved him he'd realize how hungry he was and be quite upset, (like he was at 1:30am...the last time he had eaten). I think I was just looking for excuses to miss mass but I said a little prayer asking the Blessed Mother for her help getting me there, since I wouldn't on my own. And of course it worked. Malachi woke up, ate and we made it to mass just in time. All the way there I kept telling him that we had to pray for the new Pope...little did I know he'd be selected TODAY! It was quite fun and a blessing to watch the whole process for the first time. Here's a little glimpse of how it went for us:

Watching EWTN on the Ipad
Trying to be patient...but someone's getting sleepy.
Little cat nap
Awake and excited about the news!


Next to come: pics of Malachi with his Higle Aunties from this past weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment