Monday, February 18, 2013

Kansas City

 We spent this weekend with Kim, Ryan and their new puppy Watson....of course we had a GREAT time with them. We always do and we'll really miss them when we head back to Oregon!
 
Malachi liked having someone his size!




 
I wish I had photoshop to take our hands out =)

We visited Liberty Memorial which is the nations World War I museum...we were VERY lucky and could go up the tower. (They close the tower due to weather...whether it be too hot or too cold, or icy even. Kim and Ryan have been trying to go up since they moved to KC, which I believe has been 8 months. But yesterday was beautiful so it worked out for all of us). 

Downtown Kansas City behind us.



Saturday was Malachi's first time at ChuckECheese's. Needless to say he won the most tickets!

We also went to St. Rose Philippine Catholic Church for mass. It was all in Latin (except for the homily). I have to be honest I wasn't too excited to go initially, my reason being that Malachi distracts me so if the mass is in a language that I don't know then I'd really have a hard time paying attention. However, I very much enjoyed it. It was nice to be apart of such a reverent congregation and the Priest was a great speaker. I appreciated that his homily touched on Pope Benedict's resignation. I'm not going to go into detail but he assured us that the Pope is doing what's best for the Church and not at all being selfish. He also made it clear that we need to pray for the Pope, along with the selection of a new one.

This only gives a quick glimpse into our fun weekend but I've got some laundry to do (Malachi had a couple of "blow-outs" this weekend) and some packing to do...we're already sending boxes home because we've accumulated too many items to fit it all in our van for the trip back.
I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment